• Hello Guest,
    The Swarm is currently upgrading our forum software and making some major changes! Do not mind the errors as we sort through them and slowly add custom add-ons.

While you are waiting join us on discord. Just Click Here to join our active discord server.

Times Change

dakirch

The Swarm Drunkest Council
Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #1
When you look at companies like Kmart, Sears, Toys R Us to name a few you need to question yourself...why did they go out of business? They failed to adapt in an ever changing landscape.

The days of forums for gaming communities are all but dead. Discord has really contributed to that not just for us but a lot of other websites. We have a very active discord but a pretty dead forum.

The last month or so I have been trying to figure out how to adapt that but still keep the domain somewhat relevant. Discord is our driving force but the website is great for rosters and organization. I also need the dedicated server for my business so might as well keep taking advantage of that. But things like off topic forums really serve no more purpose.

So the goal is to make theswarm.net more of a homepage and not a forum

- Roster(s) for Games
- News / Announcments
- General Swarm Community Discussion
- Merch Page
- Promote Discord
- Contests / Events

When will I push the update? No idea. It will still be based off forums but everything you see now will be changed and it'll just be pretty basic. New memebers for games such as RDR2 will have to join the website and add themselves to the roster to be apart of The Swarm, and of course be active in discord. As always open to suggestions and comments.

dakirch

Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #3
I am throwing all old posts into an archive for when new forums launch. There are some ideas for the new forums that should help promote posting. Everything should be more streamlined, cleaniner, less busy, yadadadada

dakirch

Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #4
Hello ladies, should be showing off the major update in about 2 weeks. Everything is already underway. Kind of like the last forum update, we are moving more towards modern technology/software so expect some different things