The Swarm Movie Club 1 Feb 6th - Feb 16th

LostInTheVoid

The Swarm Civilised Council
Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #1
The Swarm Movie Club: 1

Hey everyone, so we'll be trying movie club again hopefully this time around we are able to keep people interested and actually watch the films that are selected. The Rules are pretty simple you have to watch and review the film by the 16th of Feb. You can leave your reviews in this thread. You're also welcome to leave a film recommendation that we might select at a later time.

The film to kick The Swarm Movie club off will be Oldboy (2003)

Oldboy is a critically acclaimed South Korean film from director Chan-wook Park. It is the second film in the unconnected (apart from the general themes of the films) Vengeance trilogy all directed by Chan-wook Park. It is regarded to be the best out of the trilogy which is no easy feat as the other 2 films are fantastic as well.

Synopsis
Dae-Su is an obnoxious drunk bailed from the police station yet again by a friend. However, he's abducted from the street and wakes up in a cell, where he remains for the next 15 years, drugged unconscious when human contact is unavoidable, otherwise with only the television as company. And then, suddenly released, he is invited to track down his jailor with a denouement that is simply stunning.

Trailer

Where to watch?

Oldboy (2003) is available to stream on US Netflix.
You can find other streaming / renting options at justwatch.
If you don't have access to these services you can download the film from here via mega.

KhronosKhronic

Shitlord
If anyone wants to watch this together, shoot me a message on Discord. If anyone doesn't have Netflix or doesn't want to use Mega you're free to join I'll make a discord screen share.

BlasterMaster

Shitlord
I have to admit. Have not watched it (sure that is apparent) been watching too much TPB and Ozark. I need to get this going.

I've also slacked and I like the movie at that haha. I will try and get to this probably this weekend most likely.

I recommend The Cloverfield Paradox next
Didn't you saw it was like super meh? Seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen.