The Great American Beer Trade!

dakirch

The Swarm Drunkest Council
Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #1
Is anyone interested in trading local craft beer(s) with other members? For example I live in Clearwater, FL so I could find the 6 best local craft beers (we have like 50+ breweries within a hour of me) and I can trade it with someone that has their 6 best craft beers. :)

If 6 is too many we can shrink it too. Just desiring some new craft selection I can't get here

Vestario

Lord
I would do this, but it would be way to hard (and probably illegal) to ship across the border

Sven

Lord
Nearly no breweries nearby that are worth the trouble

I would love to be apart of this as we have some great ales in the Uk, but I'm not sure on shipping.

dakirch

Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #7
Shipping beer over borders is impossible. It'll sit at customs, they'll inspect it and then I'll goto jail. Shipping it from one US State to another is still tricky but I figured it out. Illegal but I do it

Raider1one

Lord
I have access to many breweries here in reno and would be down for something like this Kirch

It's a shame. We have world food aisle's in our shopping stores and they have a few American items but no beer. Then again if the froop loops and lucky charms are anything to go by at a price of £6 each then the beer would more than likely be expensive

Raider1one

Lord

Raider1one

Lord
So it is illegal, but you have a way. I may be interested in this, granted there is only a few notable breweries around me, that I like anyways.

Raider1one

Lord
@dakirch how do we go about sending it

But what if Ace Ventura is delivering it?

I would do this. I live in Austin, TX. There's a new brewery here every six months. Where is the guide to ship?

So when do we get this started? Good information in the packing video, btw. Are bottles preferred, because there are some good breweries that only pack in cans!

dakirch

Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #24
I prefer cans. Beer is fresher / less prone to sunlight and easier to ship. We all ship 6 beers? What is everyone willing to ship? If there is 4 of us that means you would ship 18 beers, unless you want to narrow it down to 4?

Six sounds like a good buzz. What if we just shipped to one person at a time, reducing price and shipping costs. For instance Blaster and I would swap and Dakirch with Raider. Then the next week we'd swap.

Raider1one

Lord
Yes let's just do one on one to start. I will be doing cans and bottles.maybe a mixed 12 pack?

I would do 12.
I've compiled a rough draft list of beers and I know not all are produced in cans, but if I have a choice, I'll be shipping all cans.
Now I live in central TX, so the list is mostly, ales and lagers, pales and IPA's... plenty of german influence. With that said, I assume that since us gents are willing to break the law and ship beer, we will drink anything that's cold and in our hands. Right?

Raider1one

Lord
I would do 12.
I've compiled a rough draft list of beers and I know not all are produced in cans, but if I have a choice, I'll be shipping all cans.
Now I live in central TX, so the list is mostly, ales and lagers, pales and IPA's... plenty of german influence. With that said, I assume that since us gents are willing to break the law and ship beer, we will drink anything that's cold and in our hands. Right?
Technically if we ship UPS we are not breaking any laws. Only their terms of service. Yes. Cold. In. My. Hands.

Raider1one

Lord

dakirch

Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #32
When you do UPS make sure you do it where they pick it up from your doorstep. Do not drop it off at the store. They ask too many questions. The driver does not.

Also write FRAGILE everywhere lol

Two of the same beer isn't a bad idea. That would make it six different beers I probably haven't tried.

I think what we should maybe do first is layout the pages of some of the local breweries that we enjoy (small list for me) that way we can all see. Almost like an order form or something. That way I am not just sending some triple IPA to someone who enjoys lagers and stouts primarily. Just a thought.

True. Send me sours in cans. I will love you for ever.

Raider1one

Lord
If it's beer and I can drink it I will love it. Just don't send me some Coors BS lol

Yeah kinda just fell flat. I have been wasting too much money on my own beers apparently.