S07E01 - Dragonstone

Discussion in 'Episode Discussions' started by dakirch, Jul 16, 2017.

1. dakirch United States

dakirch The Swarm Drunkest Council Staff Member High Council

Windows 10 Chrome 59.0.3071.115
    Rating: 0.00/5 - 0 Votes
    Game of Thrones
    [​IMG]
    Dragonstone
    Season: 7
    Episode: 1
    Air Date: 2017-07-16

Jon organizes the defense of the North. Cersei tries to even the odds. Daenerys comes home.

2. dakirch United States

SPOILERS BELOW! :)

So if you watched it, thoughts?

3. LostInTheVoid United Kingdom

LostInTheVoid The Swarm Civilised Council Staff Member High Council

I thought it was okay, It's basically like every other season opening to GoT with it setting up the characters for the upcoming events. Some cool scenes with The Hound and Arya. Euron is still not living up to the character he is in the books hoping that changes real soon.

4. snowsiff United States

snowsiff Member Noble

Windows 7 Firefox 54.0
    I guess it's like previous episode 1's for GOT. I just figured since they are doing 7(?) episodes instead of 10 it would do a little more than previous seasons episode 1s. Yes, the cold intro was cool showing Arya's decent into a legit assassin. Though I was kinda confused how she keeps making all these masks on the run. I didn't know she could just make them anywhere. I thought she needed special tools or something they had in Bravos. Also thought it was fucking lame with the whole Ed Sheeran scene, all those soldiers looked super clean for camping out in the forest.

Clearly continuing to set something up with the whole Jon vs. little finger vs. Sansa dynamic. Interested to see how that plays out. Lots of things playing there. How does Jon deal with the two pressing army's, and make Sansa happy and not loose her shit. Sansa possibly becoming more like Cersei and/or Ramsay, whether she knows it or not. Little Finger, does he want the Iron Throne or Sansa more. Will he get either?

What made Euron better in the books, LostinTheVoid? Just curious? Not sure if thats an easy answer. Curious what Euron is going to get as a gift for Cersei. I'm guessing another episode or two before Jamie leaves Cersei.

I didn't feel the significance of Daenerys arriving in Dragonstone. I know the show was trying to make me feel like, "oh Shit she is HOME!" but I didn't feel that way. I feel like it landed a bit flat to me.

Looking forward to the coming episodes. Also, Zombie Giant, wooooo!

5. LostInTheVoid United Kingdom

LostInTheVoid The Swarm Civilised Council Staff Member High Council

Euron sails with a crew of mutes that all look super fucked up. He also fondled his brothers when they were younger. I think he was also hinted as playing with blood magic. There's a bunch of other stuff as well that escapes me but he's pretty fucked up more so than Ramsay and Joffrey most likely.

6. snowsiff United States

snowsiff Member Noble

Windows 7 Firefox 54.0
    Jesus! That does sound like a way more crazy/interesting character. A crew of mangled, mute, badass sailors is an awesome picture in my head. That is a bit disappointing that, that stuff isn't in the show.

7. dakirch United States

Android Chrome Mobile 59.0.3071.125
    The show kinda went downhill season 2. They fuck a lot of things up. I try not to let it bother me but sometimes its so bad i cry

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)