Ps4 pro on 1080p for bf1

Discussion in 'Battlefield 1 [PS4]' started by Wronkanation, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Wronkanation United States

Wronkanation New Member Commoner

Android 6.x Marshmallow Chrome Mobile 48.0.2564.116
    Does anyone on here have a ps4 pro and playing bf1 on a 1080p tv? I'm wondering if it is worth the switch to a ps4 pro without a 4k tv for specifically bf1 and no other games. Thanks

2. dakirch United States

dakirch The Swarm Drunkest Council Staff Member High Council

Windows 10 Chrome 54.0.2840.99
    I believe most people are waiting for the PRO + TV Bundle. The only person who I know that has pro is @Benlee1000

Wronkanation likes this.
  3. Nox United States

Nox Member

Windows 10 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    Just sold my old PS4 to a friend and picked up a PS4 Pro from Target because I had a $100 gift card.

Haven't quite noticed a huge difference yet, I play on a computer lcd, so it wasn't terrible before.

I do know that people online claim the draw distance is a bit better and that you can see enemies better, but I've only played a couple games so far...

I'll report back.

4. dakirch United States

dakirch The Swarm Drunkest Council Staff Member High Council

PS4 Pro youll need a HDR Monitor or TV. Monitors are not quite out yet. That is if you want to see a graphic difference. MP gaming not sure. Heard mixed reviews.

5. LostInTheVoid United Kingdom

LostInTheVoid The Swarm Civilised Council Staff Member High Council

Plus you don't even need the Pro for HDR all PS4's support it. Most games with PS4 Pro are either upscaling to 4k TV's or sticking to 1080p with a higher frame rate.

6. Nox United States

Nox Member

Ok took a hard look at it...and it does look a bit better and feels more responsive in Battlefield 1. BUT it didn't really help me too much and its not like I saw the enemies before they saw me(ie. draw distance).

I will say that Battlefront looks a ton better imo. There's no official patch so far(as far as I've read), but the Endor map looks amazing.

edit:

Titanfall 2 looks amazing/better as well.

I'm still playing on my computer LCD at 1080p. I haven't tested on my 4k TV, nor will I likely unless I can get a nice one for my office that isn't huge. I'm more likely to get a 4k computer lcd next though.

7. LostInTheVoid United Kingdom

LostInTheVoid The Swarm Civilised Council Staff Member High Council

Shame HDR only seems to be seeing TV releases and even then very limited need some affordable HDR monitors.

8. Survivorman_18 United States

Survivorman_18 New Member Commoner

Windows 7 Opera 43.0.2442.1144
    I have had my Ps4 Pro for only 3 weeks and not a major difference playing on a plasma tv. I have seen a difference in boot up times and load times since putting in a samsung pro ssd 1TB hard drive in mine.

9. spacetraveler587 Ukraine

spacetraveler587 New Member Commoner

Windows 10 Chrome 59.0.3071.115
    Look, most PS4 players own 1080p sets, and lots of people probably have no plans on upgrading their TV anytime soon just because of new video game consoles. Well, it’s totally understandable. After all, many games still look damn good at 1080p. As Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes have shown with Rise Of The Tomb Raider, though, all that extra grunt under the Pro’s hood does net you visible graphical improvements over the base PS4, even if you’re not playing in 4K mode.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)