Personal Information Privacy

Discussion in 'Other' started by BlasterMaster, Jan 12, 2017.

1. BlasterMaster United States

BlasterMaster Member Shitlord

Windows 7 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    Hey Swarm,

Some of you may know but I am in the business of electronic information security and privacy. With this being my area of work, I find things that periodically don't just apply to my clients specifically, but are very useful for individuals as well. I am posting this thread so periodically myself and anyone else that comes across handy info can pass it around. If you have any questions or anything feel free to send me a message specifically or post it here and I will try and keep an eye on it.

Thanks,
    Blaster

dakirch likes this.
  2. BlasterMaster United States

BlasterMaster Member Shitlord

Windows 7 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    To start this thread off, you should all go to familytreenow.com and search for not only yourself, but also your loved ones (let them know first). Once you have found a record that matches your information, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "privacy" link. On this page scroll down a bit until you see a blue link titled "opt out". This will take you to another page with some brief instructions, essentially, search for yourself again, go to the record, and toward the top of the page should be a red "opt out" button. Click it.

Keep in mind, ladies especially, you may need to search out additional names, if they have changed in the past. You may find multiple records on yourself. No one needs to have their previous addresses, date of birth, and know associates this easily searchable.

Just trying to make sure everyone keeps their identity and family safe. Predators and such, information is just too easily attainable these days.

Good luck!

Steel_Cub and dakirch like this.
  3. Vestario Canada

Vestario Active Member Lord

Windows 10 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    Wow, never realized this, but alas, you can't do a search for just Canada or Ontario that i could see

BlasterMaster likes this.
  4. dakirch United States

dakirch The Swarm Drunkest Council Staff Member High Council

Android 6.x Marshmallow Chrome Mobile 55.0.2883.91
    Great info thank you

5. Steel_Cub United States

Steel_Cub Active Member Shitlord

iOS Mobile Safari
    I know a few people that would really appreciate this information.