Homebrewing

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Vestario, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Vestario Canada

Vestario Active Member Lord

Windows 10 Chrome 58.0.3029.110
    So last year for fathers day my wife bought me a 1 gallon Brooklyn brewhouse beer making kits (All grain). and i made a couple of batches in it (it would make a twelve pack i think of regular bottles, but i like the 500 ml ones, so i would get almost 6). SO for my birthday back in April i asked for a 5 gallon kit.

I have now made 1 batch that i am currently drinking and of course made a rookie mistake, and didn't get let the batch boil down long enough so my alcohol content was about 3.6 % (damn light beer), and it was a Belgium Witbier, so at least it was supposed to be a light refreshing beer.

Brewed up the second batch today, and am making a cream ale (hopefully i get closer to the 5% alcohol content this time), and will bottle it in a couple of weeks.

For anyone thinking of starting homebrew, i suggest trying one of the brooklyn brewhouse 1 gallon kits (or any 1 gallon kit) as they are smaller, easier to start with, less expensive, and if you don't enjoy it, easy to stop.

Thanks, just wanted to share.

2. dakirch United States

dakirch The Swarm Drunkest Council Staff Member High Council

Windows 10 Chrome 58.0.3029.110
    I used to get heavy into homebrewing. Im about to move my whole setup to the garage and get back into kegging. I would do all grain too. Once I finish remodeling the upstairs room I will be back into brewing!