Homebrewers Unite!

dakirch

The Swarm Drunkest Council
Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #1
We have quite a few of us so lets see who brews. Maybe we can brew the same beer and do an exchange?

Confirmed Brewers

- Dakirch
- Eternius00
- Nerfherder
- Red Razor

Last edited by a moderator:
I am! Let's dooo eet.

Just started a batch of Skeeter Pee (skeeterpee.com) and just bottled a batch of American Pale Ale.

I have the freezer I need for free to make one. I just need kegs and a co2 tank :(

I enjoy a good brew, but nothing on the go at the moment. Hoping to get a CO2 system soon. So over bottle conditioning.

Also, I know they are our sponsor, but that love2brew place prices seem high and most things worth buying are out of stock... plus I get 10% off at Northern Brewer...

Kegs are easy to find for around 35 bucks. It's the co2 tanks that are tough and pricey. Plus the regulator is kinda pricey.

I want at least 2 handles and 3 kegs. This would get me started though. I have a feeling if I kegged my kegs would be empty much quicker than my bottles... because I don't like bottling so I drink them slower. I shoukd say I hate cleaning bottles, I don't mind filling them.

dakirch

The Swarm Drunkest Council
Staff member
High Council
Thread starter #21
If I had 4 handles it wouldn't last longer either! Plus you only need to put the fresh beer to carb up for like 3 days instead of bottling(ugh) and waiting 2-3 weeks, PLUS perfect carbonation every time <3

Yeah. That's why I want to carb. Plus cleaning 1 keg is much easier than cleaning 45 bottles...

I am switching to kegging right now. I feel really depressed because I have maybe a gallon left of the last amber ale that I bottled and that's it because I was waiting to get my kegging started lol... I really went back and forth between kegerator or keezer. I liked that I could put a tower on the kegerator and make it look really nice, but I was worried about the space. I like the keezer because I can fit in a ton more, but without making the lid super heavy it would need a collar and then just taps out of that and it's really short. Then I realized I could get a happy medium! I am putting a collar on a 7cu.ft. freezer that will go into a cabinet/counter that I am building that will be right next to it. I will be installing the tower on that. The bottom part of the cabinet will either be a ferm chamber (probably just dreaming atm) or just a place where I can toss some of my ferm buckets / boil pot (more realistic). I am looking to top it all off with a Raspeberry Pi unit that will show what's on tap (IBU, Recipe, etc.) and do facial recognition to keep track of which of my roomies is drinking the most! It is a bit of a build and I really don't want to be stuck with beer 3 weeks in a ferm bucket and not be ready but hopefully it won't be too much longer until I am back at it :D

I am getting my kegs (used) from http://www.homebrewing.org/Home-Brew-Kegs_c_223.html

I have not found anybody that beats a $60.00 used ball lock keg!

I'll throw my name in as a homebrewer, with the caveat that I'm still very much a novice. I'm just getting ready to bottle my first AG brew, and I haven't done anything more than fantasize about kegging yet.

I am switching to kegging right now. I feel really depressed because I have maybe a gallon left of the last amber ale that I bottled and that's it because I was waiting to get my kegging started lol... I really went back and forth between kegerator or keezer. I liked that I could put a tower on the kegerator and make it look really nice, but I was worried about the space. I like the keezer because I can fit in a ton more, but without making the lid super heavy it would need a collar and then just taps out of that and it's really short. Then I realized I could get a happy medium! I am putting a collar on a 7cu.ft. freezer that will go into a cabinet/counter that I am building that will be right next to it. I will be installing the tower on that. The bottom part of the cabinet will either be a ferm chamber (probably just dreaming atm) or just a place where I can toss some of my ferm buckets / boil pot (more realistic). I am looking to top it all off with a Raspeberry Pi unit that will show what's on tap (IBU, Recipe, etc.) and do facial recognition to keep track of which of my roomies is drinking the most! It is a bit of a build and I really don't want to be stuck with beer 3 weeks in a ferm bucket and not be ready but hopefully it won't be too much longer until I am back at it :D

I am getting my kegs (used) from http://www.homebrewing.org/Home-Brew-Kegs_c_223.html

I have not found anybody that beats a $60.00 used ball lock keg!
No reason you can't put a tower on the lid of a keezer. Paint it black and put some chrome on it and it would look great.

Also you can get loose handle or bottom kegs for like 40 bucks. As long as they hold beer and don't lose prwssure, all good in my book.