First home brew

Vestario

Lord
Thread starter #1
So for father's day my kids (my wife) got me my first beer brew kit. One of those Brooklyn Brew Shop kits. Makes 1 gallon, and she got my the everyday pale ale. I started last weekend, and it is currently doing it thing in the 1 gallon bottle right now. Will have to see how it turns out in a couple of weeks.

What was nice is that i was at the time starting to think of getting into brewing my own, thou hopefully at some point on a larger scale than 1 gallon at a time. Does anyone have any pointers for a complete novice in Canada to brew your own?

Url below of the company for the kit i got.

http://brooklynbrewshop.com/

BlasterMaster

Shitlord
Good luck to you man! My step dad does some brewing in Michigan, he has a pretty bitchin' setup and mostly brews dead guy ales. The more work you put into the more you will get out of it, but it can get expensive from what I can tell. One thing he does to make it easier though, is I think he actually brews using food grade bags (not sure the gallon size) that way he can cut out some of the cleaning which from what I hear is half the battle. Cleaning all the time.

Hope it works well for you man!

Vestario

Lord
Thread starter #4
So today i cracked open the first bottle of my first home brew. It is an everyday IPA from Brooklyn Brew. 2 weeks fermenting, and two weeks in the bottles. I was worried at first that there would be no carbonation, but when i opened the bottle it had a nice POP. Has a nice taste, not to bitter, smells good to. (sorry for the links, I can't seem to get the files to upload to the swarm forums, and can only get the photo's to open in another link.

Last edited by a moderator:

dakirch

The Swarm Drunkest Council
Staff member
High Council
If you upload to imgur and then paste the link itll work. The new forums itll be 100x easier. Sorry for the pain, not much I can do now. I can fix it with some effort and an add-on but I'm like 2 weeks from switching to the new platform lol.

Anyways wait until you get bottle bombers! WOO!